Sunday, March 6, 2011

The New American Bible Translation

The New American Bible translation is set to be released on Ash Wednesday this week, in time for Lent. I am very excited to get a copy of this version of the bible, as it will reflect the most recent understanding of the ancient Biblical languages and apply them in a way that modern readers will easily understand. That hopefully means no more archaic words that no longer have the same meaning today as they did when originally written. If my wish has come true and they have replaced the word "fear" with "revere" I will truly be happy. (See one of my very first blog posts for more on that subject.)

You can pre-order a copy on Amazon.com now and have it shipped on Ash Wednesday, which is what I plan on doing. Lent will be a great time to study God's words even more than we usually do, and this new translation will make it even more enjoyable and revealing, I feel.  I will write more about the biblical basis for Lent later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment